By Hugh Tyndale-Biscoe
In lifetime of Marsupials, one of many world’s best specialists explores the biology and evolution of this strange workforce – with their impressive range of varieties around the globe – in Australia, New Guinea and South America.
Joint winner of the 2005 Whitley Medal.
Included in selection Magazine's 2006 amazing educational Titles list.
Read or Download Life of Marsupials PDF
Similar zoology books
The koala is either an Australian icon and an animal that has attained ‘flagship’ prestige around the globe. but its heritage tells a special tale. whereas the koala figured prominently in Aboriginal Dreaming and production tales, its presence was once now not recorded in Australia until eventually 15 years after white cost.
All through a lot of the realm, frog populations are declining and a few species are disappearing completely. In Australia, a number of species became extinct long ago 25 years. This revised and up-to-date advisor offers concise debts of the entire identified frogs of Australia. There are 230 species in the 5 local frog households: Hylidae, Limnodynastidae, Microhylidae, Myobatrachidae and Ranidae.
Final obvious within the Eighteen Eighties, cougars (also referred to as pumas or mountain lions) are coming round again to the plains areas of the Midwest. Their comeback, heralded by way of natural world fanatics, has introduced main issue and inquiries to many. Will the folks of the sector make room for cougars? Can they continue to exist the hugely altered panorama of the Midwest?
Advances in Physiological Sciences, quantity 31: Sensory body structure of Aquatic decrease Vertebrates covers the complaints of the symposia of the twenty eighth foreign Congress of body structure. The e-book provides 17 papers that aspect improve findings within the sensory body structure of aquatic decrease vertebrates. The insurance of the textual content comprises electroreceptors in Indian catfish teleosts; electroreceptive microampulla within the African mudfish Clarias lazera; and species specificity of electrical organ discharges in a sympatric crew of gymnotoid fish from Manaus.
- Dynamics of Degeneration and Growth in Neurons: Proceedings of the International Symposium Held in Wenner-Gren Center, Stockholm, May 1973 (Wenner-Gren Center international symposium series)
- Wie kommt die Kultur in den Kopf?: Eine neurowissenschaftliche Reise zwischen Ost und West (German Edition)
- Invertebrate Tissue Culture: Research Applications
- Animal Homosexuality: A Biosocial Perspective
- Biochemistry of Taste and Olfaction (A monograph series / the Nutrition Foundation)
- Tumors of the Central Nervous System, Volume 10: Pineal, Pituitary, and Spinal Tumors
Additional resources for Life of Marsupials